Welcome to Our Blog! These are the stories of our crazy busy lives. We're an east coast met west coast stuck in the middle family who loves to cook, play games, and just have fun. We love our little boys, Jarhead and Lego! Enjoy and Leave us Comments!

11.07.2011

GrAtEfUl NoVeMbEr!

I have awesome parents.

I dont remember much about growing up, however, one thing i do remember is having fun with my parents.

My mom is super cool. She taught me how to do new things, make old things better, and look outside the box. She is spontaneous and showed me that you can have fun- even as an adult. There are a lot of things we have in common- things I didn't see when I was in high school... I'm glad that my teenage years didn't reflect the relationship we'd have now. Even though I can't go back and change that time, I can make up for it now. I'm glad that my mom is my friend and that I can go to her with anything <3 She's also a great grandma and Jarhead loves her!





I use to think my dad was more on the quiet side. Now that I've gotten older, i've realized it's just because i was a punk teenager who didn't like to spend time at home! I love sports. I love playing sports and my dad is AWESOME at teaching! especially things he's passionate about. He let me be in all the sports I wanted to growing up so that I could spread my wings and decide the one that was best for me. When I joined soccer in highschool, he was a crazy fan! I know that I am a daddy's girl and I'm so grateful for that! He's also a great grandpa and loves spending time with Jarhead. I'm super excited he is coming next month for Jarhead's first birthday and to spend almost a week with us!





The thing about my parents that I am most grateful for is that they trusted me and let me make decisions for myself. When I joined the church, When I chose what sport to play (or not to play), When I chose my college and my major, When I got married, etc. They taught me the things I needed to know and guided me in the right direction. I have been stronger in the choices I have made because I knew they were right behind me- supporting me.  I may not have made all the choices they have made- or that they would have made- but they let me make the decisions that were best for me.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I'm glad that you have such supportive parents. And oh my gosh, that Tripp blog is too sad for me to look at. I shouldn't complain about tantrums. Hey can you send me a pinterest invite...or how does that work?