Welcome to Our Blog! These are the stories of our crazy busy lives. We're an east coast met west coast stuck in the middle family who loves to cook, play games, and just have fun. We love our little boys, Jarhead and Lego! Enjoy and Leave us Comments!

5.31.2009

New Calling

Well, Matthew and I have received callings in our new ward. As most of you know, in the church we are can be given a variety of callings: relief society, primary, bishop, missionaries,etc. Well last Sunday, the Bishop asked to see both Matthew and I. Usually, they only call both the husband and wife in if it's a pretty big calling. We weren't really sure what to expect. Then it came, we were called as Ward Language Missionaries. Now, there are usually ward missionaries are called in every ward. They usually go on splits with the full-time missionaries, attend meetings, and help get to know investigators. As Ward Language Missionaries, it's a bit more intense. We were called to serve in our stake's spanish ward. We will attend that ward and be given two to three families to work with. They could be investigators, members,or new converts. This was set up by Elder Ballard(now under Elder Perry) from the 12 and it is a unique calling. We will be able to teach them the discussions and meet with them on a weekly basis(which usually only full time missionaries can do). We will also attend a weekly meeting to discuss the members and their needs. It'll be really exciting for Matthew and I to serve together, that doesn't happen to often in the church. I"ve always wanted to go on a mission so that I can serve, but to me, this is even more exciting. My companion is Matthew. That is just so cool! I also get to learn Spanish. I'm really excited for this new calling.
In the beginning, it was a lot to take in. Until I learn Spanish, it's going to be a very different experience. At least I know the children speak English! However, the Church is the same everywhere and in every language. It is the same Spirit that teaches and it is the same doctrine that is taught. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true. It is led by President Thomas S. Monson and all of the other leaders under him are called to those positions because that is where they need to be. This calling will be difficult and time-consuming but I know that I am just going to fall in love with these people. The Spanish population, here especially, are just so dedicated to the gospel. They have a 96% attendence rate for Sacrement! That is amazing. I'm really excited to teach. I'm really excited to teach the discussions with Matthew and help these wonderful people learn the gospel and come into the truth.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

That sounds like fun! We sure miss you! I love your new background! Way cute! If you ever feel like you need to get away and feel like driving....then come see us!

Anonymous said...

you got your mission call!!!!!

buenos suerte mi hermana!!!!

con mucho amore ( no wait, that is italian LOL)