Welcome to Our Blog! These are the stories of our crazy busy lives. We're an east coast met west coast stuck in the middle family who loves to cook, play games, and just have fun. We love our little boys, Jarhead and Lego! Enjoy and Leave us Comments!

8.08.2013

May 2013

Well- you thought I disappeared, huh.. Well I did for a while because I had my cute little baby! It's not that i haven't thought about posting but the majority (i'm talking 90%) of my pictures are on my phone and it's being dumb and i can't get them to download to the computer so I was putting it off but at least i'll get some things up on here:)

May was a good month for us. I was 8 months pregnant and just waiting for our little guy to come. I felt pretty good and walked 2 miles at least 3-4 time a week.

Jarhead in the kitchen!


 Picnic at the Temple!





Aviary with friends! Jarhead loves throwing in the fish!  I also wanted to share what I wrote about that day:
"I wanted to share two tender mercies that happened to me today!

I have been wanting to take Jarhead to the aviary since march but for whatever reason-- weather, car, other plans, etc-- it didn't happen until today. He loves to feed the pelicans. He doesn't care about much else there. He'll look at a few birds but mostly just likes to play on the rocks and in the tall grass. To feed the pelicans, we're suppose to be there by 10 but it starts at 1015. 

I needed to stop at walmart before we headed up so I left a bit early but in my hurried state,as I got Jarhead out, I must've I dropped my keys next to Jarhead's carseat... and then locked the doors. It wasn't until we were on our way out that I realized I had locked them in the car! If I had to call Mr Clean or find someone to get keys and get them to me, there is no way we were going to make it. I decided to try to open my front door and it was open! All 3 other doors locked just fine. I felt very aware at that moment that Heavenly Father was attentive to what I needed. Especially in my emotional pregnant state- I probably would have cried and that would not have started my day off awesome. I dont think I'll get a chance to take Jarhead back up to feed the pelicans before the baby is born and so I would've been really bummed if he missed out on it!

Then, we get off our exit and there is a TON of traffic. Apparently, there was some kind of game and there were buses and people everywhere. I only had 1-2 miles to go once I got off the exit but we were going less than 5 miles an hour! Then we got stuck behind the trax twice! It was a little after 10:00 and I was getting really worried that we wouldn't make it. I thought "Heavenly Father made sure that door didn't lock so we could get here in time- I was sure of it- There was no way the traffic was going to make us late. He would figure something out"  Finally we got there and there were about 3 bus loads of kids! I decided to go ahead of them and ask if I had to wait for all of them to go through but they said I didn't and other patrons could just get their tickets inside.. It's 10:15 at this point and I'm not really sure if they're going to let me get him a ticket because you're suppose to purchase it in advance.. But the guy who is in charge of the pelican feeding was just about to head outside! So the cashier asked and he said we could do it!  If we had been probably 30 seconds later, we wouldn't have been able too!

Jarhead probably wouldn't have noticed if we didn't get to feed the pelicans today and in the grand scheme of things it really wasn't that big of a deal but it was really important to me. Heavenly Father knew that I really wanted Jack to have a good day today and that His favorite part is feeding the pelicans and He worked it out so that it could happen... I'm so grateful that He is so aware of my desires and loves me enough to show it to me..

and it was the most perfect weather today and we had a great time!! It really was a cool experience! "


















Jarhead said this was his favorite part of the day ^^


 my boys!

No comments: