Welcome to Our Blog! These are the stories of our crazy busy lives. We're an east coast met west coast stuck in the middle family who loves to cook, play games, and just have fun. We love our little boys, Jarhead and Lego! Enjoy and Leave us Comments!

9.05.2011

Friendships

I had a BYU professor my very first semester who taught me about the Book of Mormon. She is probably one of the smartest people that I know. She has written a ton of books and also keeps up a blog with helpful insights about being happy, being worthy, and "living in truth". Anyway, she posted this the other day about friendships-


"We talk a lot about the importance of family in the Church, and we should. Family is very important not only in this life but in the eternities. But as I was ready in the book of Ether this morning I was struck again with the importance of friends.


At the time of the tower of Babel when the language of all the people was changed, the brother of Jared first prayed that he and his brother’s language would not be confounded. And the Lord had compassion on them so that they could still communicate. But then Jared asked his brother to pray that the language of their friends would not be confounded and again the Lord answered his prayers so that they and their friends would retain the same language and be able to continue in their relationships.

This indicates to me that yes family relationships are important, but so are friendships. It is important that we cultivate and maintain strong friendships with people who share our common beliefs and will encourage and help us along the path of righteousness."


I have always made friends quickly wherever I have moved(which is a good thing for being in 10 schools!) I'm grateful for all of the friends that I have had my entire life. For the most part, I have learned from each of them and it has helped shape me into the person I am today...


The friends that I have now are absolutely amazing and I'm so glad that I know I can turn to them no matter what is going on. I'm glad that their kids play with little Jarhead even though he doesn't really play back. I'm glad that they encourage me to be a better friend and person every day. 


and of course- my very best friend... mr. clean makes me a better person each day and i'm grateful i get to be his best friend and wife forever <3

Here's a link to Sis Johnson's blog where you can read this post and so many others!

Good News by Sis Sherrie Johnson


just some old photos! i know i'm missing some tho :( i can't find others...








No comments: