Welcome to Our Blog! These are the stories of our crazy busy lives. We're an east coast met west coast stuck in the middle family who loves to cook, play games, and just have fun. We love our little boys, Jarhead and Lego! Enjoy and Leave us Comments!

10.17.2008

Vote YES on Proposition 8

I first want to echo my husband's statement in his blog(lary's lightbulb moments) and urge you to watch this clip.
Preserving the Divine Institution of Marriage

and to read this article.
http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/public-issues/same-gender-attraction

They say it better than I can.

I'm not going to make this lengthy but i want everyone who reads this to know where i stand.
I do not support homosexual marriages nor do I support their lifestyles. The Lord made man and woman for each other so that they could become one. I love all people and so does the Lord, however, He does not and will not accept these decisions. The church does not usually get involved in political affairs and I feel that if the prophets feel the importance of telling all members to vote yes on this and stand up for what we believe in then we should do it. No questions asked. We raised our hand to sustain him and we should follow his council.

Vote Yes. This is important.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! It makes me happy when I see people who are willing to stand up for what is right. I recently had a debate with a guy on facebook who was homosexual. He actually invited me to vote no on this proposition. I knew him in high school and didn't know he was gay, so I made a comment back about the importance of voting yes. He then claimed that I was discriminating against him because he is gay... but how could I do that if I didn't know he was gay???... anyway , he was LDS as well and claimed the the church is fine with his behavior and that there is nothing wrong with it, he also claimed that he was made that way ect. This behavior is however very wrong, and although we need to love them, we also need to let the world know that this is not ok and it is nor normal! It is great that the church has taken a stand and thanks for spreading the word. :)

Anonymous said...

can you send me his link to his blog, D? thanks