Welcome to Our Blog! These are the stories of our crazy busy lives. We're an east coast met west coast stuck in the middle family who loves to cook, play games, and just have fun. We love our little boys, Jarhead and Lego! Enjoy and Leave us Comments!

9.14.2008

Setbacks

Life continues.
What is the definition of a setback? it is a "check to progress; a reverse or defeat". and that is what this was... We live and we learn and we grow old. and as we grow old sometimes we repeat the same mistakes over and over. sometimes our friends or family make those same decisions over and over again even if you plead with them not too. i really, truly believed that this was over. i should have learned by now not to hope to high, because it has never worked out in the past. I believe in him. I know that it will take time, and love, and patience. and I know that it is my duty to let him know i love him. he is failing but he has not failed. it is not over and it will not be for a long time. i know this now. i also know that i cannot fix this and i cannot fix him, no matter how much i want to. no matter how much i pray to. no matter how much i ask him to. it is his choice in the end. it is his choice from the beginning. the gospel of Jesus Christ teaches of repentence, it teaches of a change of heart, it teaches of these mighty changes of heart. this is what can happen although i do not hold to it like i use to. I have learned not to. but i have not given up hope. I can never give up hope. because if i do, then they will, and he will. hope is the beginning of the journey and it is what carries us through this journey.

i taught Sunday school today. Gospel Doctrine to my peers. It is a very different experience. Today I was able to teach Helaman 4 and 5. i love those chapters. They teach of the Nephites recognizing their wrongs. It teaches of the miracles that occured because they chose to believe. It teaches of Jesus Christ and the importance of Him being the rock in our lives. I loved this quote from President Monson.
, “Stated simply, if we do not have a deep foundation of faith and a solid testimony of truth, we may have difficulty withstanding the harsh storms and icy winds of adversity which inevitably come to each of us. Mortality is a period of testing, a time to prove ourselves worthy to return to the presence of our Heavenly Father. In order for us to be tested, we must face challenges and difficulties. These can break us, and the surface of our souls may crack and crumble—that is, if our foundations of faith, our testimonies of truth are not deeply embedded within us.We can rely on the faith and testimony of others only so long. Eventually we must have our own strong and deeply placed foundation, or we will be unable to withstand the storms of life, which will come. Such storms come in a variety of forms. We may be faced with the sorrow and heartbreak of a wayward child who chooses to turn from the pathway leading to eternal truth and rather travel the slippery slopes of error and disillusionment. Sickness may strike us or a loved one, bringing suffering and sometimes death. Accidents may leave their cruel marks of remembrance or may snuff out life. Death comes to the aged as they walk on faltering feet. Its summons is heard by those who have scarcely reached midway in life’s journey, and often it hushes the laughter of little children. How can we build a foundation strong enough to withstand such vicissitudes of life? How can we maintain the faith and testimony which will be required, that we might experience the joy promised to the faithful? Constant, steady effort is necessary. Most of us have experienced inspiration so strong that it brings tears to our eyes and a determination to ever remain faithful. I have heard the statement, “If I could just keep these feelings with me always, I would never have trouble doing what I should.” Such feelings, however, can be fleeting. The inspiration we feel during these conference sessions may diminish and fade as Monday comes and we face the routines of work, of school, of managing our homes and families. Such can easily take our minds from the holy to the mundane, from that which uplifts to that which, if we allow it, will chip away at our testimonies, our strong foundations.

My Savior is my rock and He will help me through this. He has heard my prayers in behalf of him. He has seen my tears and felt my pain. My husband has been so wonderful in all of this. It is a new experience for him. and I have never been more grateful for him in my life. My Heavenly Father has blessed me so much and this will end and we will make it.Never give up hope. Never leave that rock. and don't let a setback turn you around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful post! I love it, you have just matured so fast and are a wonderful woman!