Welcome to Our Blog! These are the stories of our crazy busy lives. We're an east coast met west coast stuck in the middle family who loves to cook, play games, and just have fun. We love our little boys, Jarhead and Lego! Enjoy and Leave us Comments!

8.22.2012

"On the Road Again..On the Road Again"

That's how it felt in the beginning of August! It was so worth it tho and Jarhead is the best traveler ever.

We started our travels on Aug 3 with a 12 hour day to PA! Jarhead did great on both flights, ate well, took no naps, and was still smiling and talking to everyone! My aunt thought Jarhead and I would be a great surprise gift for my grandma's birthday  so no one knew about our trip! We are so glad she flew us out! we had to keep low friday night and sat morning since the party wasn't til sat at 4! but Sat just happened to be one of my good friend's wedding! I wasn't able to go since it was at the same time of the party but I did get to visit while she got her hair.. did ;) I'm so excited for her! She looked amazing!

My grandma and dad were SUPER surprised to see us! I had just talked to them the day before like we had a regular weekend planned. and really I was already in PA! We had the surprise dinner at cheesecake factory which meant another 2 hour drive (each way) but it was worth it and again- Jarhead was a trooper!! He ate so well and loved the whipped cream on the cheesecakes..

Thanks GiGi, I'll just have some of yours too!

Yay! I've eaten a ton a sugar!


My brother came in to visit on Sunday. He didn't know I was there and Grandma didn't know he was coming! This weekend was full of surprises! I hadn't seen him since the wedding and he hadn't seen the little man since before we moved to Utah so it was a good visit!


Jarhead LOVED all of the attention. He's trying to catch my dad's fingers in this ball that he's holding..


 and eating an ice pop. The ones I make are much better for him but since I didn't bring the mold he got the sweeter ones from the store... He didn't mind!
Park Day! Beep Beep he says!


3rd Surprise! Grams and Papa Bob are way trusting! My mom said "Hey- I'm going to take you on a trip on Monday. I'll pick you up around 9am and return you home around 10pm that evening. It's a surprise and I can't tell you where we're going!" They both went! My mom brought stuff for a picnic and we met up at Kirby park! What a great surprise for them! They said the long trip was worth it!



hmmm.. this look like a seat.. just my size!


maybe i want to sit over here....

or over there....


mmmm.. time for dessert! the best part!




no more chocolate! boo hoo!


he says "slide weee!" every time!




What a great day!


Jarhead and cousin Tanner!


I tried to keep up with our structured activities in PA.. at least some of them.. Mostly because the family wanted to participate.. Paige is helping Jarhead with the water!


excited to watch even tho she couldn't get wet!



mmmmm. don't mind if i do!


you think you're outta my range.. i think not!


grandpa gave me french fries for dinner and a sucker!!


oh yeah.. and chocolate marshmallow ice cream! grandpa's rock!


cousin brittany letting Jarhead play with the phone!



"Yayyy!!"


Another structured activity! Messy day! Shaving Cream and Washable paint makes any day better! the girls loved painting each other up!





oh yeah. i'm a cool dude!


cute picture of Jarhead running to my dad when he saw him in his store!



Aunt Debbie and Jarhead playing!






We were only in PA for a few days but it was so worth it. The trip home was another 12 hours and Jarhead did amazing.. again. We even had a 3 hour layover. He was so tired he kept laying down in the middle of the pathways! He thought all the moving sidewalks were roads and we went on them at least 10 times at each airport. We also rode the train a few times. We loved the trip. We loved seeing everyone and just had a great time! Can't wait to go back at Christmas- we Miss everyone already!

No comments: