Welcome to Our Blog! These are the stories of our crazy busy lives. We're an east coast met west coast stuck in the middle family who loves to cook, play games, and just have fun. We love our little boys, Jarhead and Lego! Enjoy and Leave us Comments!

10.14.2011

Ron Page

A good family friend passed away last week and I've been thinking about him a lot. I really wanted to write about it but for some reason I just keep deleting every post I write. I dont seem to have the words to describe what a wonderful man he was and why- even though I have only known him for 3.5 years- he was so important to me.
Growing up, I had attended more funerals than weddings. I knew what to expect, how everything happened in what order, and the feelings that accompanied those events. This viewing and funeral was different. It was still a sad event. Ron Page was a good man- better than good. He truely blessed the lives of every single person he met. I wouldn't doubt that he made the person standing behind him in a grocery store line have a better day- just because they were near him. From the day that I met him and his family, I was welcomed. I was treated like I was one of them. I got big hugs and kisses on my forehead. I got "we can't wait til we see you again" when we left. I always loved being in their home. They were there for our wedding. They offered to let us use their backyard for the reception and when in the end we decided we were afraid of rain, they helped us set up their church's cultural hall. They helped set up and take down. His wife and Matt's grandma made us a beautiful quilt complete with engagement pictures and one of the temple we were married in. They are a good family and my life is better because I know them. He was active in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He reactivated many people- some of those that have had generations of impact. That is why it was sad- because the world lost a good man-someone who made everything better around him every day. However, being there at the viewing and funeral, a different feeling overwhelmed my body. It was comfort. I know that I have had a testimony of the plan of salvation since the beginning. What I didn't know was how knowing that can change what you feel at a funeral. He is safe. He is happy. He is healed. His wife and family only have to be without him while they are still here on this earth. When they pass away, they will see him there- waiting to give them hugs and kisses.(and probably waiting to play a prank on them!) With the gospel of Jesus Christ and the plan of Salvation- death does not have to be a completely sad experience. It is sad now- for those that are left here without him. But in the end, it will be ok because we will get to be together again.

Ron Page will not be forgotten. His memory- his spirit- his happiness will continue in all those who knew him. One of the things I will take with me and try to do better at is loving my family and treating everyone I meet as if they are my oldest friend. They deserve that. He taught me that. You are loved, Ron. We all love and miss you.


No comments: