Welcome to Our Blog! These are the stories of our crazy busy lives. We're an east coast met west coast stuck in the middle family who loves to cook, play games, and just have fun. We love our little boys, Jarhead and Lego! Enjoy and Leave us Comments!

1.25.2011

Home with my Boys

I said in my last post that i didn't really post about the private things in my life to often. I thought about why I don't since I put up the last post. i really didn't want it to sound like a "woe is me" kind of a thing. Things have been hard but I really didn't want people to think I was just trying to complain about my lot in life. However, since posting, I have felt free. More free than I have in a long time. When it was just the craziness of the birth and Jarhead's surgery I was able to tell a few friends and family and felt "unstressed" enough to have a few people to talk about it too... However, once all of these other things started happening, it didn't seem like enough. I wanted people that would just ask "how are you?" to know that at that very moment, I wasn't doing okay.. I didn't want to say great- I wanted to say, I'm doing okay or I'm doing better. i can do that now and I'm glad. i can post on facebook a bit of my frustration. I was able to post my excitement of coming home to my boys. I was able to post about being excited to eat real food again...
Another wonderful thing- people have been able to help. Those in our ward have been wonderful- beyond what words can even express. They brought us meals after Jarhead came home and will bring us meals the rest of this week too. They have sent emails, called, posted on my facebook, and let me know they were thinking and praying for me and my little family. Other friends did the same- those close and those far, those I talk to often and those i haven't spoken to in a while...Our Heavenly Father speaks through his servants and I have felt that love through so many people.
My mom has also been so wonderful. She came last week on Tuesday morning to help the day of my surgery and was going to leave Thurs. She willingly stayed- feeding, changing, bathing, and in general taking care of my baby. She helped Mr. Clean clean the house and take care of things while I was gone and while he came to visit me. Mr. Clean's family offered to fly out to help if needed. My family truly is the best that I can ask for.

I came home yesterday. I loved coming home. i loved the smell of my house, the feel of my furniture, the sight of my little Jarhead. I loved being able to hold him, to feed him, to just watch him sleep. I can sit on my couch, sleep in my bed, cuddle with Mr. Clean, eat what and when I want. I don't feel wonderful yet. i still feel a little sick and I'm really sore from being so tense but i'm home and that's what matters. i'm sure i'll get better- a day at a time... i just need to be patient and eat good mild foods until then. but one day soon i'll be able to have a pizza, or chicken wings, or chips and queso. i'm crossing my fingers that day will be the super bowl since we will be having a TON of super yummy food- but it may just be that I get a bite or 2 of eac yummy thing that day. I guess we'll see.

Now that i'm home, I'll start taking more pictures of Jarhead. Here are his first 5 week photos. Since I was in the hospital, i'll do his 6 week one today and you'll get to see it soon :)





1 comment:

Jamie said...

Those outfits are so cute and smart!