Welcome to Our Blog! These are the stories of our crazy busy lives. We're an east coast met west coast stuck in the middle family who loves to cook, play games, and just have fun. We love our little boys, Jarhead and Lego! Enjoy and Leave us Comments!

6.14.2009

"Siete"

Well, today was our first Sunday in the Spanish ward. I was so excited all week and then as i was getting ready for church the reality sunk in. this is going to be hard. i got really nervous about my testimony. let me just tell you that i have never been more nervous in my entire life. nothing- not meeting new people, parasailing, going off to college, taking my first final, nothing-- even came close to how nervous i felt. i almost cried! i got up and i was shaking so bad and my face was beat red. matthew said as i started to speak my voice became more clear as i bore my testimony. sunday school was a bit easier. the guy who taught spoke slower. he spoke english too and I was able to understand more of what he was saying. then relief society came. i think i understood 10 words. everyone spoke so fast I couldn't even make out the difference between the words. i was given quote 7 to read. i figured, that shouldn't be too hard. but since i couldn't understand anything i just listened for her to say "7" in spanish. then I heard it, the lady next to me pointed to me so i figured she wanted me to read my quote. HA! i started but then they stopped mee and i turned all red again. the teacher continued and then a fw minutes later was ready for me to read, the lady next to me nodded as to let me know i could read.lol. i read and didn't understand most of it, but thought i did pretty well. haha.. it was a good time and I'm really excited for this calling. nervous, but excited. it'll all get easier with time.

<3 much love!

No comments: